Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mummy is so proud!

Much to my surprise, little Echo has been promoted to level 2 of obedience training! I had to ask the instructor if he was sure, since the pup had spent most of the lesson eating acorns and not paying any attention to me, but apparently she's okay!

We had our first lesson in the new level on the weekend. I was slightly horrified when the instructor requested that we make our dogs sit and stay - AND THEN LET GO OF THE LEAD! Normally when I let go of the lead, Echo takes off - she goes off romping around to play with the other dogs. But this time..... she stayed!! I was able to walk around her, turn my back and everything - she just sat there! I was so pleased!! It's like something has just clicked in her head and she's decided that she better do what I ask her to do - apparently that can happen with puppies undergoing obedience training.

So now we have all sorts of fun plans for her - she's constantly eyeing off the agility equipment and we thought she'd never be allowed on it - but now we're only one step away! She'll love jumping and weaving! We've also decided that we might have to train her to herd because she has this natural herding instinct and herds up our cows everytime we let her into the paddock. Many fun times to come!

Here's another pic of my lovely puppy and one of the cows....





Til next time!!

0 comments: