Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Great balls of fire!

It's been a while since I wrote anything.... I've been a bit busy with work... but both the hubby and I have this week off work to get some work done "around the house".

After the horror of Black Saturday, we realised that we really need to sort out our property and get a proper bushfire plan happening. Now that fire restrictions have lifted, we decided that burning off all the sticks and stuff near the house was a good place to start. Here is the resulting situation: two very large, very hot stump fires!



Two full days later (and several packets of marshmallows) and we've burnt all the piles of sticks - but the stumps will need some more work.

We've already got a petrol pump on our dam, and sprinklers fitted on our house - next fire season we will be ready!

TTFN!


0 comments: