I have recently started building what will hopefully become a very cool totally organic and sustainable vegetable patch. Yay! Unfortunately this is a long and slow process, but I thought I'd share my progress to date.
Step 1: Get our local earthmover to dig out some holes in my clay-riddled former cow paddock. The idea was to fill these holes in with organic material to make nice soil for veggies to grow in, as opposed to the solid clay we currently have. Unfortunately, I have very bad spatial awareness and over-estimated how deep these holes needed to be. Result? Four very deep, very large holes in my garden, surrounded by four very large piles of dirt.
Step 2: Fill in the holes. 10 hours of hard labour per hole. 15 hours of hard labour so far - and counting (1.5 holes have been filled in as of today's date). Here is a photo of me slaving away with my pick over the weekend.

I'll keep you posted as we progress with this project - it'll be great once it's all finished and I'll be eating loads of yummy home-grown vegetables!

0 comments:
Post a Comment